Every four years, Washington D.C.’s finest and most eclectic venues open their doors to host the biggest parties in government night life. Welcome to the Presidential Inauguration celebrations! Regardless of your personal political party affiliation, one thing’s for certain- Inauguration Week calls for the best entertainment possible to impress guests, many of whom are world travelers, power networkers, and the Who’s Who of our nation’s capital.
Whether you’re coordinating an intimate State Society party or the grandest of galas, here are a few tips to ensure your entertainment programming is the least stressful part of event planning.
- Security is #1. Planners in DC are no stranger to the security needs and restrictions during Inaugural week, ranging from street closures to Secret Service presence, personal security escorts, blocked street parking, and more. Be sure you’re in communication with your venue, guest security, and vendors thoroughly before and during your event. Sound and lighting for your entertainment will need multiple hours for set up, as will backline load in and sound check. They may need to arrive in the morning, leave for security sweep in the afternoon, and then be totally ready by the time guests start.
- Work with a professional agency. In the age of Google, it’s easy to do a quick search and find hundreds of band websites. Planners beware: Not all entertainment is created equally. Your well known club/bar bands may know all the Classic Rock and Top 40 hits you’d like to hear, but will they have their own insurance policy? Will they travel with professional sound and lighting adequate for your event? Will they be flexible with your schedule and take breaks only when it works best for you, not them? A professional agency will provide options specifically experienced with private events and assist you with coordinating all entertainment details. Your agent handles the nitty gritty, your entertainment production is seamless, and you look like a rockstar. Win.
- You- yes, you- have access to National Headliners. What better way to pull in guests to your Inaugural event than with artists celebrated on the radio? Having Carrie Underwood, Tower of Power, John Legend and more perform at your event is only a phone call away thanks to our National Division. As the only agency in DC with direct relationships to the biggest names in national headliners, we’re here to take you through selecting, booking, and advancing the perfect big name acts for your specific Inaugural celebration. Believe us- DC is packed with celebrities during Inaugural Week. Get them in your doors by presenting their favorite artists.
- Embrace your event’s namesake and themes. Entertainment can take an event’s aesthetic and elevate it! Think outside the box and don’t just stop at live music or fabulous DJs. Living statues and fountains, champagne skirts, stilt walkers, dancers, greeters, cirque performers, aerialists, and more can take your event from fun to WOW!
- Consider this year’s Inaugural events an investment in your future events. With over 100 official and unofficial inaugural parties over three days, DC’s best known guests receive dozens of invitations to events on the same dates. Give your VIPs something unexpected they’ve never seen before. Wow them this year- set yourself apart- and they’ll certainly accept the invitation to your future events!
Want to learn more about what is trending for Inauguration 2017? Visit www.eastcoastentertainment.com/inauguration2017.