Band Name: Diverse Groove
Hometown: Charlotte, NC
Members: Lamar Brace – Lead Vocals | Chris Witherspoon – Keyboards |Trés Alexander – Bass& Vocals | Brandon Godette – Drums & Vocals | Branden Jackson – Saxophone & Vocals
Connect with Diverse Groove
Band Website: www.diversegrooveband.com
See Diverse Groove in action! Diverse Groove will be performing at Taste of the Nation Charlotte on April 18th at The Filmore. The event benefits No Kid Hungry and local food banks. Tickets can be purchased at http://ce.strength.org/charlotte.
One of the most recent additions to the ECE exclusive artist roster, Diverse Groove has hit the ground running and is quickly making a name for themselves.
“I just can’t say enough good things about Lamar and the guys of Diverse Groove,” says agent Hank Patterson. “Having them come on board was a no-brainer. They have it all – the musical talent, the showmanship, the impeccable customer service. They are an excellent addition to the ECE roster.”
We sat down with Diverse Groove to play 20 Questions and get a better understanding of what makes this cool, new group tick.
1. How did Diverse Groove come into existence?
About 2 years ago after leaving another band, I had a vision of starting a band and going to the next level and beyond. The band Diverse Groove started! (Lamar)
2. What has been your most memorable gig?
Greenville, NC. I almost fell off stage. LOL (Brandon)
3. Where is your favorite place you have played?
Chapel Hill, NC. They were all ready to have a good time and party, so that gave us a lot of energy on stage. (Trés)
4. What are you listening to right now?
Snarky Puppy Lingus (Trés)
Alessia Cara (Lamar)
Brecker Bros. (Chris)
5. If you could meet any artist, dead or alive, who would it be?
Any jazz drummer from the 60’s (Brandon)
6. What is your favorite song to play?
No Diggity (Trés )
Ain’t Too Proud to Beg (Lamar)
Mustang Sally (Brandon)
Sir Duke (Chris)
7. What would be your ultimate gig?
Madison Square Garden (Chris & Lamar)
8. If you didn’t play music, what would you be doing for a living?
Financial Advisor (Chris)
9. What is your favorite snack on the road?
Strawberry Poptart and a glacier frost Gatorade (Trés)
10. What is your favorite thing about being a musician?
It’s a passion that I’m glad to be appreciated for. (Lamar)
11. What is that one song that is guaranteed to get everybody out on the dance floor?
Blurred Lines (Brandon)
12. What is special about your band?
We all are like brothers. We enjoy playing and hanging out with one another. (Trés)
13. You are being exiled to a deserted island for the foreseeable future, but can take three things with you. What are they?
Food, Food, and more food!!! LOL (Chris)
14. What was the first concert you attended?
N’SYNC. I was 8. (Trés)
15. Which song do people request most often?
16. What is the one thing you want potential clients to know about you?
We are here to make sure you have a great, fun, and memorable evening with plenty of dancing. (Lamar, Chris, Brandon)
17. What do you never leave home without?
My Bass (Trés)
18. What song would you say best sums you up?
Eye of the Tiger (Lamar)
19. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go?
20. What would you do if you won the lottery?
Build a studio and start my own production company. Then, I would build a facility for kids in Charlotte to help them be and do anything they want. (Trés)